Adobe Checkout Instructions
In the house is a guestbook and desert library with information on the workings of the house and the Joshua Tree National Park area. Upon arrival, you let yourself in and when you depart, leave the keys in the house and lock it up from the inside. Keys not left on the property will result in a $75 key replacement fee deducted from deposit.
11 am is check-out. Late check-outs without prior approval will be subject to a late check-out charge.
When closing up the house:
– In order to process your deposit refund the Check-Out Form needs to be completed to avoid delays (This can be done by completing the form left in the house titled CheckOut Form, or online “Online Form”)
– Roll down comforter and sheets of all used beds to the end of the bed
– Do not leave dirty dishes
– Bag all trash place in outside garbage cans located to the right of the carport in an fenced off enclosure
– Turn off all air-conditioning and/or heating
– Close and lock all doors and windows
– Make sure any moved furniture is returned to its original location
– Make sure hot tub is turned back down to 75 degrees
– There is firewood on the property cost is $1.66/log. At checkout indicate usage we will invoice based on the amount indicated or a flat $50 usage fee will be deducted from your security deposit as mentioned on the agreement.
If closing instructions are not followed you may be subject to an additional cleaning charge. We greatly appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Before locking the keys in the house, make sure the front gate is unlocked. Otherwise you will be unable to exit the property. Then lock gate padlock behind you. You are responsible for making sure all doors and windows are closed and securely locked; then lock the gate as you exit.
Please call if you have any questions along the way. We welcome you to the desert!
Nick House – Guest Services